We are seeking a Freight Co-ordinator who specialises in either ocean, air and/or road logistics transportation with import and/or export experience. You will be responsible for the end-to-end process of the importation and/or exportation via sea, air or road.
Duties will include the quoting, booking and arranging of transport, negotiation of prices with shipping lines and/or air cargo carriers, the completion of all documentation including customs clearance, invoicing and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships to maximise on and develop sales and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
GenX Freight is striving towards providing a more innovative digitalised freight forwarding experience for our customers. We operate all modes of freight services including ocean, air and road freight services with a portfolio of inbound and outbound clients. We employ pro-active staff who work with us to achieve nonstop growth. This creates long-term prospects in a wide variety of functions-from IT Software Engineers, Logistics, Human Resources and finance functions.
We are open to ideas, solutions and a better way of working and empower our staff to work independently with minimum supervision, whilst encouraging teamwork and a collaborative approach to produce the best results. We are also open to flexible working arrangements in line with business needs and encourage applications from those already working in freight that believe they can add value and contribute to the success of the organisation.
The successful candidate will be personable, a good team player with excellent organisational and adaptable skill set.
Typical Job Duties – What are you responsible for?
- Arrange haulage with shipping line/air/road cargo carriers
- Coordinate the importation and/or exportation via sea, air or road
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers, airlines & overseas partners/agents
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients with a knowledge of the clients business requirements
- Take requests and queries and resolve them effectively and efficiently
- Using internal systems to create documentation that will enable freight to be moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation, including:
- Creating and updating freight bookings
- Raise additional customs documentation to ensure the freight can move from country to country (ISF,COO, etc)
- Collate all documents and distribute them to customers and carriers, as required
- Preparing, processing and checking of invoices within specified deadlines
- Secure the payment of cleared funds for: COD (cash on delivery) accounts and Duty/VAT invoices
- Ensure requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently
- Accurate & timely reporting
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in either ocean OR air freight forwarding is essential. Road freight is desirable
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in either import OR export freight forwarding is essential
- Experience of booking and arranging of transport via ocean, or air or road (or all three modes)
- Experience in quoting to and invoicing of clients
- A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant importation OR exportation documentation
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, air cargo carriers
- Experience of shipments to and from worldwide destinations
- The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE***
Package And Benefits
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 32 days including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking available
- Located centrally within town centre setting